Who we are
MDA settles every newly arrived refugee in Brisbane, Rockhampton and Toowoomba.
Established in 1998, we are one of the leading settlement agencies in Queensland providing support to refugees and migrants through community development, advocacy and a range of client services.
We provide services and programs of support and development:
- to individual refugees and migrants, their families and their communities
- to enable successful settlement
- to empower individuals to establish their own pathways
- to facilitate new and emerging communities in the processes of establishing their own voices and their own contributions.
- multiculturalism to enable increased levels of interaction, understanding and acceptance of cultural diversity across the whole community
- a better understanding of settlement, refugee and migration issues.
We work to strengthen the sense of welcome and safety that is extended to refugees and migrants by the broader community.
- to decision makers and service providers
- to achieve stronger policy, program and service settings aligned to our vision
- for the rights, hopes, aspirations and needs of our clients.